This sweet juice is rich in AGE-reducing anthocyanins and carotenes which help to protect the skin from UV sun damage.
SERVES 3: PREPARATION TIME 5 MINUTES
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 purple carrots (if unavailable, see notes)
- 2 large carrots (orange)
- 2 large apples (dark red if possible)
- 3 large stalks celery
- 1⁄2 cup mixed sprouts
- filtered water
- In a large bowl of water, place a splash of apple cider vinegar and soak the vegetables, apples and sprouts for 3–5 minutes, then remove and drain.
- Scrub the celery and carrots if desired. Using a juicing machine, juice the ingredients, ending by adding a splash of filtered water.
NOTES: If you cannot find purple carrots use beetroot, red cabbage or purple kale and extra carrots. Avoid raw cabbage if you have thyroid problems. Beetroot has a high GI so add cinnamon to this drink if substituting with beetroot.