Karen Fischer is a registered nutritionist with a Bachelor of Health Science Degree (University of New England) and a Diploma of Nutrition (NCC) with a special interest in nutritional biochemistry.
Karen's books include Younger Skin in 28 Days, The Eczema Diet, Don't Tell Them It's Healthy, Healthy Family Happy Family, and The Healthy Skin Diet. Karen is a registered member of The International Institute for Complementary Therapists, and frequently features in magazines and on radio in Australia, UK, NZ and America. Including:
- Guest appearances on Sky News, Sunrise, The Morning Show, 9am with David and Kim, A Current Affair, Today Tonight et. al.
- featured in Marie Claire USA, Miabella USA
- ‘Shape up for spring’, Sun-Herald ‘S’ liftout
- ‘The 3 Day Cleanse’, Sunday Telegraph’s Body+Soul liftout
- ‘Eating to Stop Eczema’, Practical Parenting magazine
- ‘Improve Your Bottom Line’, Madison magazine
- ‘Eat your way to great skin’, Sun-Herald, ‘S’ liftout
- Monthly health column in Cosmopolitan Magazine (2006 -2007)
- TV Appearances on Sky News – discussed ways to tackle childhood obesity
- Guest Speaker at the Marie Claire Confidence Seminar
- Teen Health Education Program – health presentations at schools
- The resident nutritionist/health expert on Mums & Bubs (Channel 7)
- Guest on Pilates TV (DVD). Q&A on health and nutrition
- Guest on Yoga TV (Foxtel) - Discussed a health topic/new health website
- Launched health website healthbeforebeauty.com (2001)
- TV work: Nutrition & lifestyle segments on The Cover (Foxtel) (2001)
- Guest co-host on Hey Hey It’s Saturday with Daryl Sommers (Nine Network) (1999) Karen filled in for Livinia Nixon.