Calcium-rich Carob Tea Recipe
Carob is a great chocolate-free substitute that is good for the skin. It’s a rich source of calcium and it’s salicylate free and caffeine-free. I have two cups a day, the last one just before I go to sleep as it helps me to sleep through the night. I'm such a light sleeper so having this routine (and sticking to it) has helped me a lot.
- 2 teaspoons carob powder
- boiling water (1/4 cup or more)
- 1 or 2 scoops Skin Friend PM
- optional sweetener: rice malt syrup or real maple syrup (these are the low salicylate options for people with eczema, TSW, rosacea and psoriasis)
- rice milk (or milk of choice, depending on your allergies)
- Place the carob into a coffee mug.
- Pour on the boiling water and mix until lump-free (this is the secret to a smooth cuppa). I often like to heat the milk and make it latte style so I use less water (approx. 1/4 cup of water and 3/4 cup of milk), but it's not essential for you to heat the milk.
- Add a scoop of Skin Friend PM. Sweeten if desired and add the rice milk (heated or unheated), and mix well. Enjoy!
Have you tried Skin Friend PM? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Photo by Karen Fischer